Monday, September 20, 2010

Feeding Frenzy

Eat hard, sleep hard: the motto of a baby in a growth spurt.

It feels like a shark attack around here lately, but Linnaea is the shark and I am the food! She seems to be hungry almost the entire time she is awake and the pacifier, which was my best friend last week, has now turned against me and does not live up to its name. At no time is is safe to say, "Well, I just fed her so she can't be crying because she's hungry..." because she is ALWAYS hungry! 

On the positive side, she is still sleeping a ton. So, in her case, sleeping like a baby really is a good thing. Just like her daddy, Linnaea loves to sleep. She is sleeping in her crib at night all swaddled up like a baby burrito.  We had to kick her out of our room earlier than expected because she is such a noise sleeper. I had no idea that newborns made so many grunts, squeaks, and moans in their sleep! As I write this she is cozied up in her Ergo carrier on my chest chirping away in her sleep. I could listen to this all day.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds exactly like Claire in the beginning. Eat, sleep, eat, sleep....oh and lots of diaper changes too! Gotta love those growth spurts. We had Claire in our bedroom with us for exactly two weeks and then she moved to her Pack and Play out in the living room because...like you...we couldn't stand the constant grunts, whimpers, cries and moans that she did while she was sleeping.

    ReplyDelete