Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Fall is here!

I am in denial that fall has arrived. I feel like I've been outside of time since Linnaea's was born, like the rest of the world should just stop while I soak up every minute with her. I was still writing July as the date at the end of August and I think I've continued to be about a month behind reality ever since. Linnaea will be two months old later this week and I don't know how that much time has passed! I want her to stay little and at the same time I'm excited by every new thing she does. I guess I can't have it both ways. She is making more and more sounds and I think she's on the verge of laughing. She's still sticking mostly with coos and aahs for now but she also does this funny in and out breath that sounds like a little chuckle. She is interested in toys sometimes too. She was completely fascinated by this black and white rattle the other day. She looked at it as though she had discovered the meaning of life.

I can't avoid fall any longer now that the weather has gotten colder. We are planning for our first big trip this next weekend and need to break out the winter clothes. We are going to the U.P. (Upper Penninsula) to Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore to go camping and hiking. Yes, we are camping with a two month old, but I will have the address of a backup hotel just in case things don't work out. Here is a picture of Linnaea modeling her Cal Poly hat in preparation. Don't worry about her being cold, Linnaea will be wrapped in many layers of pink fleece.
Thanks for the hat Nancy! I'm a Cal Poly Girl!

Another sure sign of fall is the annual trip to the apple orchard. Jenna, Ben, Linnaea, and  I went last weekend. It turned out to be Ben's first apple orchard visit in Michigan too!  We got lots of yummy apples which have already been baked with butter, rum, and sugar and also turned into apple sauce. Maybe next year Linnaea will be awake for part of our visit to the apple orchard, she slept the whole time this year.
Wasem's Fruit Farm is the best!

Linnaea can sleep just about anywhere. In fact she is sleeping as I type this entry!
Typing, sleeping, and looking for squirrels

No comments:

Post a Comment