Monday, October 18, 2010

Time Flies or Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Hangin' out with Daddy i.e. Ben plays with  Linnaea like a puppet.
 I'm feeling nostalgic and Linnaea is not even three months yet! I am excited to see her grow and change but I don't want her to get older either because I am enjoying her babyhood so darn much. I just put away her 0-3 month clothes and got out the 3-6 monthers. I had to make myself do it even though I didn't want to. I realized that there was no real point to squeezing her into things that barely fit, even if she had only worn them once before. That's what I get for having a baby in the 95% for weight and height. My parents think we should start looking into volley ball scholarships now.
I can sit up now...with some help.

Hand + Toy = Yum

 Other changes in the last two weeks include reaching for the toys that hang from her activity mat, holding toys that are put into her hand, holding her head up when supported in a sitting position, and having a nap time instead of conking out randomly.
Brooke and Ben smile because Linnaea is not old enough to beg for pony rides, hay rides, or bounce house admission!
 We made a trip to the local pumpkin patch with a few other families, using it as a great excuse to dress Linnaea in a ridiculously cute Halloween outfit. Since it was a hand-me-down I felt less guilty parading her around as a pumpkin. I figured we might as well use it before she grows out of it in a week.
Cuteness Overload!!!
  These last two pictures are from last Sunday when we went to church. Linnaea isn't going to be baptized but I did join the Unitarian Church this weekend so I thought it would be a good chance for Linnaea to wear my christening gown. A family friend made it for me when I was three months old (my mom said I was also barely able to squeeze into it because I was big girl too.) It was fun to dress my daughter in the same dress because I also have vivid memories of putting this outfit on my dolls as a little girl. I guess I have a little better understanding of how my mom must feel. If I'm worried that my time with Linnaea is flying by already I can only guess how my parents must feel seeing their baby with a baby! I guess sometimes change is not such a bad thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment